Here is what you’ll need!
Shortbread Jam Squares
125 grams butter
50 grams caster sugar
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
350 grams plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
400 grams blackcurrant jam
Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C (350˚F).
2. In a bowl, whisk together the butter and sugar until combined.
3. Whisk in the egg, oil, and vanilla extract.
4. Mix in the baking powder and 250 grams of the flour with a spoon until combined.
5. Bring the mixture together using your hands to make a dough.
6. Spray a 9 inch/25 centimeter square baking tray with cooking oil.
7. Spread out half of the dough on the tray.
8. Spread the blackcurrant jam on top.
9. With the remaining dough, mix in the remaining 100 grams flour and rub with your fingers to make a crumb like texture.
10. Sprinkle the crumbs on top of the jam.
11. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown on top.
12. Leave to cool for around 20 minutes, the jam will be hot!
13. Sieve icing sugar on top.
14. Cut into squares.