Here is what you’ll need!
The Softest Sugar Cookies Ever
Makes two dozen cookies
3½ cups flour
1½ teaspoons baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 300˚F (150˚C).
2. In a bowl add the flour, baking soda, and salt and whisk to combine.
3. In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar and cream together using a hand mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the egg and mix until fully incorporated. Add sour cream and vanilla and mix until creamy.
5. Add the flour mixture, one third at a time, until fully combined. Shape the dough into a rectangle and wrap in plastic wrap.
6. Chill dough for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
7. Remove the plastic wrap from the dough and lightly flour an even surface.
8. Roll out dough about ½-inch thick. Cut out circles using a glass or cookie cutter.
9. Transfer cookies to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, leaving about 1-inch in between cookies.
10. Bake for 8 minutes until bottom is golden brown, and the top of cookie are pale.
11. Let cookies cool on pan or wire rack.
12. In a bowl, beat the butter until fluffy with a hand mixer. Sift in powdered sugar and mix until incorporated. Add milk and continue to beat until mixture smooth and velvety.
13. Frost cookies and decorate as you wish. Enjoy!